FULL TIME ACADEMY OPPORTUNITIES
National and International Competitions
TPA has a long history of training and coaching students for national and international competitions including The Prix de Lausanne, Youth America Grand Prix, The Margot Fonteyn International Ballet Competition, Beijing International Ballet Competition, Asian Grand Prix, Lucie Saranova Awards, RAD Isobel Anderson Awards and Bursaries, and Sydney Eisteddfod Ballet Scholarship. Full Time Students are also supported in entering solo events in major and reputable Eisteddfods.
The TPA offers students unique performance and audition opportunities throughout the year, such as performing for The Australian Ballet; being invited as a guest artist for youth companies and special events; International Competitions, Overseas Audition Tours.
Individually choreographed dances will be designed to maximise each student’s strengths and inspire the growth of artistic expression. Our annual Gala’s and full-length end of year production provide excellent opportunities for stage experience.
Professional Company Experience
The Tanya Pearson Academy celebrates its close affiliation with The Australian Ballet and is invited regularly to submit students to perform with The Australian Ballet in their Sydney seasons. In recent years TPA students have performed with The Australian Ballet in Neumeier’s Nijinsky, Sleeping Beauty, Spartacus, Alice, and The Story of Clara, Swan Lake. TPA students may be invited to join Company Classes with professional companies.
Eisteddfods and Events
All Full Time students have the opportunity to perform in the TPA Eisteddfod Groups, providing essential corps de ballet experience and stage experience. TPA Full Time students are regularly invited to perform at events and activities such as the Friends of the Australian Ballet annual High Tea with David McAllister and other charity events or balls.
The Tanya Pearson Academy has been conducting overseas audition tours since the early 1980s and has built strong relationships with directors of the leading selective academies throughout the world. The Academy continues to tour on a regular basis as well as facilitating private visits, intensives and auditions for its students throughout the world. Pre-Professional students are guided and prepared for company level auditions and provided with career guidance and assistance.
Due to its international reputation, the Tanya Pearson Academy regularly welcomes international guest teachers to its studios. The Academy regularly welcomes the following directors, ballet masters and industry experts to visit TPA to and also provided coaching to TPA students:
- David Hallberg – Artistic Director The Australian Ballet
- Li Cunxin – Artistic Director Queensland Ballet
- Maina Gielgud – International Director, Ballet Mistress, Coach
- Fiona Tonkin – Artistic Associate and Principal Coach – The Australian Ballet
- Aaron Watkin – Director of the English National Ballet
- Jason Beechey – Director of Palucca Schule, Dresden
- Patricia Barker – Artistic Director The Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Alisson Rocha – First Ballet Master of Dortmund Ballet and Youth Company
- Paul Knobloch – Ballet Master of The Australian Ballet
- Corey Baker – International Choreographer and Director of Choreography
- Veronika Part – Former Principal Artist, ABT
- Iratxe Ansa – International Choreographer, Dancer, Teacher
- Verity Jacobsen – Artist, Ballet Preljocaj
- Daniel Baker – Former Twyla Tharpe Company, San Francisco Ballet & Miami City Ballet.
- Julian Mackay – Principal Artist Munich Ballet
TO REGISTER FOR FULL TIME AUDITIONS
Please feel free to contact us to facilitate a personal discussion with you directly.